Tuesday, January 29, 2013

No Spend February

February is going to be a No Spend Month at our house.  I picked February since it is a short month, all of the post-holiday spending should be done, and there are no family birthdays to buy presents for.  We have never tried a No Spend Month before, at least nothing official.  The last few months we were in Singapore were no spend simply because we were trying to get ready to move back to the US.

I don't consider myself a big spender, but somehow all over our excess money is missing at the end of the month, and I can't blame it all on BF.  Things just show up in the shopping cart, I swear! So for the month of February I am going to try to only buy what is on the shopping list and nothing more. No new candles, no new sweaters, no organizing supplies or fancy kitchen tools - just groceries and regular household items.  This also means no grabbing a snack at work or buying a soda to go with my packed lunch.  I can't rule out all dining out since BF has a crazy class schedule this semester and he will have to stop at Subway or Chick-fil-A on his way to the campus, but I can commit that I will not be stopping for dinner on the way home on those nights.  My panini press and I are going to become even better friends.

Have you ever completed a No Spend Month?  If you have never tried, then I invite you to test it out with me!

B+F=C Budget
February 2013
Date Transaction Debits Credits Balance
1-Feb Balance $0.00

1 comment:

  1. Is this why you sent the Valentine's Day gifts for the kids in January? ;)

    ReplyDelete