Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Reviewed: Freezing Sprinkles Cupcakes

At the end of January, BF and I drove into town for cupcakes and drinking chocolate from Sprinkles.  Since we don't go into town that often I decided to get a whole dozen.  As we were checking out, the cashier told us about proper storage of a Sprinkles cupcake and mentioned that they could be frozen in an airtight container.  I decided to test it out and put a few in the freezer.

Here it is just over a month later and I am ready to try my once frozen cupcakes.  I am slightly skeptical that the cupcakes will be damp from frost or maybe even dried out.  I have thawed out the cupcakes on the counter uncovered until they came to room temperature. Let's get to tasting!

(Unwrapping cupcake)
.
.
.
(Creating perfect bite by removing a little of the bottom cake portion - don't worry I'll eat it, too)
.
.
.
(Biting into cupcake)
.
.
.
(Mmm, cupcake.....nom nom nom)
.
.
.

And the results!  A frozen Sprinkles cupcake is just as good as a fresh cupcake!  I don't think I would leave them in the freezer much over a month as just a bit of frost was forming on the top, but it didn't impact the flavor or quality of the cupcake.

Oh, and if you have never had the drinking chocolate from Sprinkles - it is a must try!  They only have it seasonally through March, but it is amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment